Saturday, January 8, 2011

Review: NailRitz Nail Art Pens

Hello again!

If you're anything like me, you like nail art. You also may or may not have a steady hand when 

it comes to those L.A. Colors Art Deco polishes. (You know, the ones with the very, very long bristles and the fine tip?) I can never get a very fine line with those, and I find them a bit hard 
to control when I try to do any detail work.

If you can relate to any of that, keep reading:


I got these for Christmas, and as far as I can tell, these are identical to the Migi Nail Art 

Pens. See?:


They have a very fine metal tip, and the entire top can be unscrewed and then you can use 
them as regular nail polish with a brush. 



I don't like to use them as a polish; I have plenty of normal, non-metal-tipped bottles of 
polish, and the brush isn't that great. But I imagine that they could work in a pinch, and 
would save a lot of space in a suitcase or purse.

Here's an example of the nail art I've done with these:


Kinda cute, isn't it? ☺ The bows and the dots were both done with the black nail art 
pen. 

At first, the polish might be thin, or hard to control. It might puddle up on your nail, and 
you'll have to learn to regulate how much pressure you place on the tube. I had to squeeze 
out quite a bit to get it to stop oozing out the top and messing up my designs. The polish 
dries quickly, unless you have one of the aforementioned puddles. And of course, there's 
plenty of room for user error. I'm still not a pro with these. But they're a lot of fun, and 
they'll make manis at my little sister's birthday party so much easier! 

Overall, I recommend these. They're great for polka dots and other simple designs, and 
with more practice, I expect to be doing more complicated designs. 

hugs & kisses,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment